- Panel Interview: You will be interviewed by a panel of current NORCOM employees and in some cases, employees from our partner agencies.
- Background Investigation: A thorough background investigation will include reference checks of previous employers, personal contacts, family members, and other information. Background checks can take several weeks to complete.
A successful background investigation will result in a conditional offer of employment. Upon accepting a conditional offer, you will be scheduled for the following:
- Polygraph Examination: Polygraphs are conducted by a contractor who is a trained and certified polygrapher.
- Psychological Assessment: This is a standard interview with a licensed psychologist who is experienced in the emergency services professions. The psychologist will conduct an interview and administer standardized tests to make a further assessment of your suitability to the position.
- Final Interview: Candidates who pass the polygraph and psychological assessment will be invited to a final interview. This interview is conducted by NORCOM’s Executive Director, Deputy Director, and HR Manager.
- Post Offer Drug Test